Bonte Foods / Chris Brother’s is a Dieppe based food manufacturer that has grown to become Atlantic Canada’s largest deli meat processor. Bonte’s quality deli meat lines include its all-natural Natures Deli lines of roasted chicken, turkey, pastrami, roast beef and black forest ham that can be found at local grocery stores. Besides meats, Bonte has a line of complimentary products like gourmet Dijon mustards, pub spice and sauces. Bonte’s cookie dough has been used for local fundraising for many events for local schools and sport teams’ years. Bonte’s meats are found in every grocery, c-store and restaurant across Atlantic Canada. Chris Brother’s famous pepperoni has been an Atlantic Canadian favorite since 1953.
Bonte's famous Chris Brothers www.chris.ca meats line has become a household name across Atlantic Canada. Bonte ships prodcuts coast to coast for the retail and foodservce industries. Bonte is well know for being Canadas largest procuer of 'meat cones' to restauants across the country. Their cones include donair, gyros and shawarma and are avaialble as Halal certified.
Bonte recently launched its line of salted meats under the Atlantic Meats brand. www.atlanticmeats.ca
Bonte adopted the creative CHRIS CARES! (see www.chris.ca) as a rallying cry to our dedicated and generous staff to support our community. The result has been tremendous.
In 2018 Bonte/Chris Brothers staff participated in many community events. To name a few:
• Ray of Hope - A commitment of over $50,000 was made to an inner-city food bank – Ray of Hope.
• United Way- Fund raisers and weekly pledges through United Way- all employee donations were matched by Bonte/Chris Brothers
• Bonte’s staff participated in the Garden of Hope project.
• On April 3rd United Way announced that Chris Brothers received the Quantum leap Award in recognition of your 25%+ increase in total dollars raised during the 2017 campaign.
• Bonte employees have been hard at work taking care of the Garden of Hope since the United Way Day of Caring in June! They have been donating their time every week, planting, weeding, fixing equipment, donating seeds as well as harvesting and it has paid off. All of the fresh veggies were donated to the Ray of Hope Soup Kitchen and will help feed hundreds of people in our community.
• In February 2018 Bonte announced a donation of $20,213 to the United Way/Ray of Hope Soup Kitchen in addition to the pledge by the company, the company has also matched employee’s
• AED Giveaway see www.chris.ca
During Heart Month in February 2018, we gave away an Automatic External Defibrillator to a deserving organization. École Abbey-Landry School as the deserving recipient! How important are AEDs? Just ask Chris Bothers/Bonte Foods employees Bill Wiseman and Paul Sivret, they’ll tell you. Both men experienced cardiac arrest in the past few years and their lives were saved by an AED device. Bill while at a hockey rink and Paul while at work at Bonté Foods. It was Bill’s experience that inspired Bonté Foods to install the AED that helped to save Paul’s life. We believe AEDs need to be accessible.
• Dieppe Intergenerational Community Complex. -In 2018 and 2019 Bonte has committed a donation of $10,000 ($5,000 per year) to the planned new Dieppe Intergenerational Community Complex scheduled to open in 2019. This state-of-the-art facility will foster the development of a healthy lifestyle through sports, proper nutrition and physical activity. Many of Bonte’s employees are Dieppe residents.
• Many other community donations to local events and charities like Harvest House, etc.
Bontes many awards include:
• Fastest growing companies by Atlantic Progress 2012
• Entirely Gluten Free meats Jan 2005
• Halal certified
• Canada’s Best Managed Companies 2018
• ONB’s Exporter of the Year
• Dieppe Business Excellence Award
• GMCC Business Excellence Award
• GMCC People’s Choice Award
• World class BRC Food Safety “AA” rating.
• Trucorp listed as #35 Top 101 Companies in Atlantic Canada 2018
• E&Y’s Entrepreneur of the Year- 2014
• Atlantic Canada’s Top 50 CEO’s by Progress Magazine.( 2014,2015,2016,2018)
Bonte has many designations including the world class food safety accreditation of BRC and the prestigious honor of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Bonte produces and ships products all across Canada. Bonte employs over 110 staff at its modern facility in Dieppe.
Exterior of modern day Bonté Manufacturing Plant.